Just completed a 6 week resilience training with Phil Crenigan a leading executive coach and my team. I have personally worked with Phil for many years as a business coach, so the opportunity for team coaching during covid19 on resilience was a unique opportunity. There were many learning’s from our journey.
Three weeks into working from home the team were overwhelmed by workload due to covid19 and the many challenges Covid19 posed. The resilience team coaching was timely as they faced new challenges working from home, concerned for family overseas, financial challenges and motivational issues. The team shared vulnerabilities, what they were implementing from their leanings on the resilience g training, they supported each other and trust was built. Patrick Lecioni would have been proud of us. 5 Dysfunctions of a team
Personally there were many reflections, honest conversations with myself and recognition of what was needed to move forward.
- Developing resilience means I can move on quicker from situations that challenge me, spend less emotional energy on catastrophizing, and move to action swiftly.
- Building trust in the team is critical for people feeling comfortable talking about something that is so personal. The team have been amazing at sharing and supporting each other
- Doing the self-assessment on resilience, I started by putting top marks in all the boxes. That is not being honest with myself. When I revisited I realized I need to ask for Support more.
- Tools that I learned or re learnt:
- When catastrophizing, what is the worst that can happen?
- Asking for help more, working with peers and people outside the team
- Greeting people in the lift, supermarket, waiting for a coffee: Lighting up their day
- Revisit the team feedback about what I do well, keep doing it
Team coaching is critical to bringing the team together and during Covid having a forum to learn together really makes the difference. Resilience is critical during these uncertain times. Even if you think you can handle uncertainty well, there is always room for improvement.
I can recommend Phil’s Resilience team coaching as a way to build trust, accountability and most of all Resilience in the team. https://www.execturningpoint.com/
One reply on “Just completed a 6 week resilience team coaching during the pandemic”
[…] more that we had done in the last 6 months, the result was more trust than you can ever imagine. https://angelalovegrove.com/2020/06/03/just-completed-a-6-week-resilience-team-coaching-during-the-p… Highly recommend running or getting an external facilitator to run team coaching on […]