There are multiple factors at play when it comes to motivation. Even in Covid19 times, staying motivated is critical to well being.
I am addicted to change, moving countries, roles, places to live. Each change brings about new opportunities to start, stop or continue what you are doing. I remain motivated when there is something new to explore, challenge to overcome or learn something new. My motivation slows down with humdrum existence.
Covid19 is an opportunity to learn on so many levels. Learn about what you need to do to be successful in these challenging times, learn and develop leadership skills, then ensure you team remain motivated and delivering success.
Five key strategies to managing motivation:
- Look after your well being by exercising daily and meditation
- Look for learning opportunities
- Stay connected to your friends, family and colleagues through video calls
- Practice appreciation. Think of three things daily that you are grateful for
- Set goals and plan for success
Stay motivated in these challenging times.